The Lenny Zakim Fund (LZF, The Fund) seeks a mission-driven, experienced fundraising professional to lead its growing philanthropy and engagement activities. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, and founded in 1995 as a nonprofit organization, The Lenny Zakim Fund, reflective of Leonard Zakim's ideals, provides resources, including grants, training, coaching, counseling, and pro bono legal services that enable and empower people and communities working in small, grassroots agencies, from Worcester to the South Coast to effectively address social and economic injustice.
The Lenny Zakim Fund Director of Development will report to and work in concert with the Executive Director and have access to a passionate Board of Directors. The Lenny Zakim Fund Director of Development will provide leadership in all areas of fundraising; this is an excellent opportunity for a proven professional with 5 – 7 years of experience who is ready to make their mark in philanthropy and take their career to a new level while growing the grassroots and supporting social justice.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising experience, including leadership and management
- Hours are flexible and will require working remotely several days each week.
- Proven success in designing and managing a variety of fundraising campaigns from all sources – individual annual and major gifts (6/7-figure gifts), corporate, foundation and event-driven.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, volunteers, and co-workers at all levels
- Capacity to work effectively in a small fast environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to social justice is essential
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
How to Apply
In one PDF document, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applications will receive responses.
MORE ABOUT THE LENNY ZAKIM FUND