We are seeking a bookkeeper/staff accountant who has a strong and consistent attention to detail, possesses a good attitude and an ability to work as a team player.
The position will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance and Operations.
- Function as part of a 5-member team to perform the day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable activities.
- Perform monthly close procedures as assigned.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and income accounts as assigned.
- Prepare monthly journal entries; assist in the preparation of month-end reporting.
- Assist in the tracking and recognition of temporarily restricted grants and donations.
- Analyze and reconcile deferred income.
- Maintain inventory tracking.
- Record cash, deposits, credit cards and wires.
- Scan checks and invoices for upload to maintain electronic records of payables and receivables activities while also filing hardcopies of same.
- Cut checks as needed.
- Ensure that account payments are timely.
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc finance reports for Program Directors and Executives as needed.
- Work with Senior Director of Operations and Finance to track project funds and expenses with relevant staff.
- Assist the Senior Director of Operations and Finance with other accounting or office management tasks as needed, including payroll reconciliation.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Sound understanding of general accounting principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as accounting software
- Superb organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine enthusiasm for accounting
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Staff Accountant in the e-mail subject line.