The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Operations & Administration Associate, Marketing & Communications (FT)
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office (PMO), Marketing & Communications, the Operations & Administration Associate will handle the division's administrative operations by processing invoices and payments, facilitating the divisional contract processes and monitoring and tracking, in real time, the division's budget.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Monitoring and tracking of Marketing & Communications divisional budget. This includes:
- Processing all payments from the divisional budget
- Tracking all divisional expenditures and reconciling with general ledger in a trackable document
- Tracking expenses in real time, and communicating with department heads with accurate updates on budget line balances and availability of funds
- Develop more efficient accounting and tracking practices to monitor the division's current budget spend.
- Serve as Marketing & Communications focal point for annual organizational budgeting exercise and establishment of $25 + million budget
- Management of Senior Vice President’s meeting calendar
- Manage divisional communications infrastructure (webex lines, conference call lines etc).
- Process and track all divisional contracts and active paid vendor relationships and cross reference against divisional budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience monitoring budgets and budget lines
- Must be solution-oriented, take initiative and have the ability to find common ground across a variety of teams
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with colleagues in and out of the Marketing & Communications Division
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Familiarity with contract processing a plus
- Comfortable working with cloud-based software
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply- All Applicants Must Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=905