Founded by Toby Perlman in 1994, The Perlman Music Program (PMP) offers unparalleled musical training to young string players of rare and special talent. With a world-class faculty led by Maestro Itzhak Perlman, PMP is developing the future leaders of classical music within a nurturing and supportive community.
PMP is seeking a Development Coordinator, to be based in the Program’s NYC office. This individual will provide key support to a small but dynamic team focused on fundraising and external relations for the organization.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge/NXT database of donors, new prospects, students, and alumni:
- Enter and track gifts and pledges
- Maintain and update data
- Track event participation
- Assist with quarterly revenue reconciliation
- Process gifts, generate tax receipts and acknowledgement letters
- Create and run database queries and custom reports
- Research fundraising prospects as requested by portfolio managers
- Draft grant applications and research new foundation granting prospects
- Generate content for email communication
- Manage content for PMP’s social media accounts and website
- Publicize PMP events via local news outlets
- Maintain event guest lists and act as point of contact for donor RSVPs
- General admin support: maintain donor files, manage vendor invoicing, draft alumni artist contracts
- Provide staffing support at concerts and fundraising events at NYC venues and the Program’s Shelter Island campus. Some evening / weekend hours and travel will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year of experience in an office setting is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a small team
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google apps
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar database preferred, but not required
- Interest in the arts and classical music is welcome
How to Apply
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.