Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The regional office Administrative Assistant is responsible for the vital details and coordination that allow the other positions in the regional office to fulfill their respective duties. Additionally, the regional office Administrative Assistant often will function as an initial point of contact and vital ambassador for the AJC regional office.
The Administrative Assistant for AJC San Francisco will oversee and coordinate all functions related to the operations of the office. The successful candidate must be highly organized, energetic and sufficiently flexible to handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Regional Director, Development Director, and other staff members to create an atmosphere of platinum service for all AJC stakeholders.
The Administrative Assistant does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Specific Responsibilities include:
General Office Management
- Answering the phone and taking messages
- Keeping inventory and ordering office supplies
- Monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars
- Maintaining timesheets
- Tracking office finances and company-card spending and preparing accounting information for the bookkeeper and financial reports for director
- Event organization and support: schedule and organize activities such as staff meetings and events/programs including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up
- Maintain correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, faxes, and incoming and outgoing mail
- Handle administrative responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, mailings
- Provide administrative support for board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, IT contacts, building staff, etc
- Coordinating logistical details for regional office campaign, including: processing of pledges and donations, tracking RSVPs and data for numerous fundraising events, and supporting AJC San Francisco’s Development Director
- Provide administrative support for programs and other initiatives, including event registration, in coordination with development and program staff
Leadership Development/Community Relations
- Interacting with AJC San Francisco board, membership, members of the diplomatic corps in San Francisco, and the general public
- Work with the Assistant Director to provide support for the ACCESS young professionals program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Dependable and appreciative of the need to preserve confidentiality
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Computer skills needed: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, Sphere. Capacity to learn new programs is required.
- Technical software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, financial accounting software, etc.)
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/administrative-assistant-sf-2017/