The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
We are seeking a seeking a detail-oriented individual to support our benefits team by performing all administrative tasks required to administer employee benefits programs.
- Administer all employee benefit programs, including processing enrollments, terminations and changes.
- Act as the primary point person for all levels of staff in regards to benefits eligibility, claims resolution and plan summary explanations.
- Responsible for HRIS (Oracle) data entry, troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Function as the primary administrator of the commuter benefit program.
- Interface with insurance carriers and other vendors as necessary.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and timely payment of all benefit bills, including quarterly audits of all carrier websites.
- Assist in all phases of the open enrollment process, including presenting the highlights of the current/new benefit programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of all benefit-related report, including Affordable Care Act tracking reports.
- Conduct new hire orientation for Association Office staff.
- Train new HR and Business Office staff on applicable HRIS modules.
- Update and maintain personnel files.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in benefits administration required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to handle high volume of work.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Oracle a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Benefits and HRIS Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Donnalea Hulett
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE