The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
We have are seeking a motivated, goal-orientated, experienced fundraiser to join our Development team as a Sr. Manager, Bike MS.
The Development Sr. Manager, Bike MS is responsible for recruitment, retention, cultivation and stewardship of participants, teams, and top fundraisers to increase meaningful engagement with the Society and ensure an exceptional experience for all. This position is responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a teams and top fundraiser portfolio.
The Senior Manager acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and their donors with the mission. This position works collaboratively across the development team and organization to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and drive revenue and participation. Strong relationship building skills, a positive, can-do attitude and a commitment to working as a team are essential for success in this role.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the implementation and successful execution of Bike MS events in the North Texas market to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals of approximately $1.8 million. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Bike MS and will supervise 2 direct reports.
In addition, this position is part of a Bike MS team who implement the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Bike MS and other assigned events and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
Develop and implement campaign strategies to retain, grow, and recruit participants and teams for assigned events to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Collaborates to develop and implement market operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Manages a strong and balanced participant portfolio. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Ensures participant relationships and corporate partnerships result in growth in registrations and revenue.
- Working with relationship management teams to engage all staff in revenue growth assessment and the planning process.
- When applicable coaches, develops and supervises a market staff responsible for executing the plan (Teams, Logistics, Corporate Relations, and Top Fundraisers).
- Identifies, develops and grows staff capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures staff behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provides timely feedback and coaching when applicable to improve performance and behaviors.
- Accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Bike MS market has a strong event experience, including all VIP/top fundraiser related recognition. Works in collaboration with the logistics team (in-house or outsourced).
- Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts.
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year and motivate increased fundraising.
- Steward top fundraisers and team captains year-round with mission focus and gratitude.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff.
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Partner with key staff to maximize engagement and results of committees to increase outreach, acquisition and awareness
- Encourage volunteer involvement on the part of teams and participant's connections to enhance the efforts and expand team/participant engagement with the Society.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience
- At least 5 years of combined leadership and development experience including 2 years in a management fundraising position with the National MS Society or other non-profit organization.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, fundraising, budgeting, and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- Ability to analyze the metrics and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers while deepening relationships and creating trust.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, build strong relationships, and communication effectively are critical.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software).
- Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, GoTo Meeting etc.
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: