HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS seeks a Development Specialist to provide development operations support to the Development Department. Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, s/he uses HIAS’ information management systems, including Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, to drive forward both HIAS’ fundraising activities and its engagement activities generated through the HIAS website.
S/he possesses excellent data management skills and assists in fostering and maintaining HIAS’ relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporations, and other stake holders.
Development Operations Manager
- Enters and maintains donor data in Raiser’s Edge.
- Processes contributions to the organization from individuals, foundations, corporations, and Federations.
- Supports the acknowledgment process, including preparation and review of thank-you letters to donors, ensuring that well written, accurate, and timely acknowledgments are produced for every donation.
- Provides support to the Development team communicating with and tracking donors for all areas of fundraising and planned giving.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field with at least 1-3 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising/development environment.
- Experience with fundraising data management systems required, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience in gift and acknowledgment processing.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to perform multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce across all levels of the organization.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and an application through our website: https://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities