Salus University is a health science professions university that is celebrating a nearly century-long legacy from its founding College. Salus demands academic excellence and a commitment to thoughtful development and growth.
Named for a Latin word meaning health and well-being, Salus University brings together a diverse group of professions, students, faculty, and staff who are united in their commitment to improve the health and welfare of the public worldwide. The University's curricula for all programs are based on these central principles:
- a commitment to inter-professional education and interdisciplinary training
- a primary care philosophy and holistic approach that assesses the whole patient for prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation
- an exceptional clinical training sequence that begins in the very first semester of study and includes externships in a variety of healthcare delivery settings
- innovative learning strategies that include small group, interactive, and self-directed learning experiences as well as clinical problem solving
- integration of new technologies that enable students to use and understand today's cutting-edge technologies while preparing them for their ever-evolving professions
- a commitment to the ongoing professional and personal development and the success of each student
- Today, Salus is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Blindness and Low Vision Studies, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,200 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 11,300 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit salus.edu
Salus University invites nominations and applications for a talented institutional development and fundraising professional to serve as the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Community Relations. Reporting directly to the President of the University, the Vice President provides strategic leadership in cultivating relationships and procuring resources to advance the goals and mission of the university.
The successful candidate will bring a proven track record of evaluating and growing development programs, implementing creative ways to engage alumni, and establishing strong relationships with corporate and community leaders, government officials, donors, alumni and the advancement community in the interest of gaining knowledge and resources to support the University's mission.
A consummate relationship builder with gravitas and the ability to open doors to potential partners will do well in the advancement environment at Salus. This position manages and cultivates a personal portfolio of major donor prospects and provides guidance to the President for managing the President's personal portfolio of major gift prospects and other contacts.
Reporting directly to the President of the University, the Vice President provides strategic leadership in cultivating relationships and procuring resources to advance the goals and mission of the university.
This position is responsible for managing, leading and directing the overall fundraising strategy and community engagement strategy in support and advancement of the University's mission and strategic plan. The position includes annual, major and planned gift cultivation and solicitation, corporate and foundation support, comprehensive and capital campaigns, as well as serves as the principle liaison between community and industry leaders associated with all University disciplines and interests. The incumbent shall ensure that supporting functions including, but not limited to, grant writing, research and gift processing are executed effectively. The initial primary focus of the position will be the University's Centennial Campaign, which is currently in its “silent” phase, with its public phase planned for the second half of 2018 through the end of 2019.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A graduate degree in an appropriate field;
- Ten years of progressively responsible related experience;
- Experience with supervising and coordinating advancement operations;
- Experience coordinating a range of development efforts, such as: annual giving, capital campaigns, planned gifts, and major gifts;
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use resources in a manner that produces desired results;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to identify priorities, set strategies, and manage for results;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse set of internal and external constituents;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to assemble, analyze, and present data; and
- Evidence of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
Depends on experience.
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight travel.
How to Apply
The University will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Candidates must complete an electronic application via the Salus University applicant portal. Requested application materials include a letter of interest; curriculum vitae; and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least five professional references. All applications, nominations, and inquiries will remain confidential. References will not be called until after the first screening of applications and then only after the applicant has given explicit permission. All application materials must be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c3wm9fkjs527vtjf