Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. Through our broad array of programs, critical supports and access to essential resources, Footsteps creates a vibrant community that celebrates the triumphs and advocates for the concerns of our members. Footsteps’ budget has tripled in the last five years and is now almost $2M. We have served over 1,400 individuals since our founding in 2003.
The Development Operations Associate is the cornerstone of efficiency for our back-office development work, with tasks ranging from administrative support to leading and implementing complex projects to improve our infrastructure and organizational practices. The primary role of the individual is to manage the development department’s operations including: processing donations and acknowledgements, donor mailings, and maintaining the integrity of our donor database and financial records. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and maintaining systems, providing information, tools and assistance to enhance the organization’s development efforts, and analyzing and reporting on the success of fundraising efforts.
Director of Individual Giving
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Donations Processing: Organize and track individual donations; process online and mailed donations, enter donations in database, draft, print and send acknowledgement letters, ensure a high quality online donations process.
- Fundraising Campaigns: Assist with preparation, implementation and follow-up for organizational solicitation, including end-of-year direct mail campaign and others; liaise with mail-house to ensure data accuracy; prepare email and mail list segmentation.
- Data Quality Assurance: Assure integrity of data and records, audit data entry for errors, update contact and additional information in donor database and email lists; spearhead monthly and annual reconciliation with accounting; train staff on organizational practices related to development operations.
- Donor Analyses: Undertake donor analyses on monthly, quarterly and annual basis; coordinate donor surveys; prepare donor reports for funders and board of directors.
- Additional Supports Include: Answer calls from supporters and respond to donor correspondence; maintain departmental records; maintain organization’s P.O. box; assist with logistics for donor events.
Minimum Qualifications: 1-2 years previous related experience, preferably in non-profit development.
Preferred Competencies and Qualifications:
- A passion for Footsteps’ mission
- Systems thinker with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to accurately handle diverse projects and a large volume of detailed work simultaneously, and use good judgment in prioritizing work
- Demonstrated ability to work with management information systems and databases; superior Excel, MS Office required; fundraising database experience preferred
- Self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfort working in a growing, fast-paced organization, including performing a wide variety of functions, multi-tasking and meeting required deadlines
40,000-45,000 commensurate with experience
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Development Operations Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the submission deadline of October 15, 2017.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We provide competitive salaries and benefits.