The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Executive Coordinator will support the Chief Program Officer (CPO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in all aspects of their responsibilities, including general administrative tasks, as well as strategically managing their time by coordinating daily activities. The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for assisting both the CPO and CFO in all areas of executive operations and coordinate communications across programs and units. While this position is responsible for providing administrative support to the CPO and CFO, s/he will also be involved in ad-hoc projects and research as assigned.
Chief Program Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the CFO’s and CPO’s time with a strong understanding of priorities; ability to serve as a gatekeeper to ensure time is used for the highest-value reasons
- Maintain calendars and appointments by scheduling meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and travel
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and assure successful follow-through, with minor supervision
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting preparation, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence
- Conserve time by reading, filtering, routing correspondence, as well as ranking in order of importance as requested
- Contribute to overall team success by tracking status of responsibilities and ensuring follow up with necessary parties
- Assist in preparation of staff meetings including communication with staff, coordinating logistics, materials preparation, in addition to meeting follow up and taking minutes
- Implement small research projects to support managerial decision making.
- Generate expense reports to reconcile MasterCard statements
- Manage communications by coordinating consistent and timely follow up between the Board, Finance, and Landscapes and Livelihoods units as needed
- Provide general administrative support including filing, fielding calls, and ordering supplies as needed
- Work on a variety of special projects; research topics and conduct research projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Initiative: Demonstrates autonomy and independence, with the ability to self-motivate, self-propel, and consider innovative solutions with thoughtfulness and diplomacy.
- Strategic problem solving: Exercises sound decision making processes by proactively considering outcomes, making well-informed choices that are results driven, and distinguishing when feedback is necessary.
- Foresight: Capability to identify possible challenges and navigate them with little or no guidance.
- Manage ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Controlling Progress: The ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, or activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
- Communication: Ability to effectively convey and receive communication, through written, verbal, or graphical means; and deciphering succinct and brief messages.
- Detail orientation: Makes a conscious effort to analyze and discern causes and outcomes of problems, with corrective intentions.
- Analytics: Able to implement small research projects with minimal supervision.
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability and consistency through working hard, efficiently, and generating outcomes in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Integrity: Gains trust of others through fair and pragmatic behavior, takes responsibility for one’s actions, maintains confidentiality and adheres to moral and ethical codes.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-4 year’s administrative experience at an executive level preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of diplomacy and professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness
- Desire to learn and enhance understanding of the Rainforest Alliance mission; and
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
- Ability to converse in Spanish and/or French a plus (not required)
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rainalli&jobId=217382&lang=en_US&source=CC2 . Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.