As one of the largest public health service nonprofit organizations in New York City, Public Health Solutions (PHS) improves health among the city’s most vulnerable populations by tackling social and clinical factors that impact New Yorkers’ ability to thrive. Today PHS serves 200,000+ New Yorkers annually, and we support the work of more than 200 community-based nonprofit organizations. PHS implements innovative, cost-effective population-based health programs; conducts research providing insight on effective public health interventions; and provides services to government and other nonprofits to address public health issues. Together with our colleagues in the service sector, government, philanthropy and policy organizations, we are thought leaders and cutting-edge public health professionals in New York City, New York State and truly, throughout the country.
Highlights of our work include:
- Providing direct services to over 80,000 New Yorkers a year, primarily families with children. These services address critical needs in low-income communities, including food security; nutrition and obesity; women’s reproductive health; early childhood development; HIV prevention and access to care; quality healthcare access; and tobacco control.
- Promoting the imminent eradication of AIDS in NYC through research, service delivery and funding administration. We engage 200+ community-based organizations around the city in HIV-related outreach. Our network serves 96,000 people living with or at risk of becoming infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Developing technology-based interventions and social marketing public health campaigns using video, social media, and interactive internet-based applications, specifically in the areas of reproductive health, HIV prevention and childhood obesity prevention.
PHS is seeking an experienced professional in facilities management and real estate, to support the development of work and community spaces that are consistent with our mission and vision. PHS currently operates at more than 30 locations throughout the City, with approximately 160,000 square feet and annual rent payments totaling nearly $5 million. In addition, PHS has funding for two capital upgrade projects totaling approximately $2 million, with the potential for more capital upgrades in the future.
This position will also maintain all of PHS’s insurance coverage, which is provided by ten separate policies with annual premiums of $500,000. Reporting to the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, this position will work closely with Vice Presidents, Program Directors and the Director of Office Services to address all facilities-related needs.
Facilities and Real Estate
- Search for new locations for both new and expanding programs that are both affordable and dignified
- Negotiate optimal leases with landlords and/or licenses with relevant government agencies
- Address the facilities maintenance, repair and/or upgrade needs raised by program directors or staff
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with landlords to address facilities needs
- Work with internal PHS clients and consulting architects/engineers to design new facilities or upgrades to existing facilities
- Oversee construction projects, coordinating effectively with internal clients, designers and contractors
- Coordinate with Legal division to review, amend and approve draft leases
- Maintain comprehensive files on each PHS facility
- Coordinate with Legal division to resolve any disputes with landlords
- Provide excellent customer service to PHS internal clients
- Provide real estate updates for PHS Board
- Coordinate and manage the extension of PHS headquarters lease and the upgrade/reconfiguration of headquarters space
- Maintain PHS’s ten insurance policies; work with insurance brokers to review annually
- Work with Legal to determine the optimal types and levels of coverage to carry
- File claims when and if they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- 5 years of experience in real estate and/or facilities management
- Insurance experience desirable
- Excellent communications and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Highly organized, self-starter, work independently
- Highly collaborative with internal clients, landlords, brokers, architects, contractors and vendors
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
How to Apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: