Human behavior is at the root of both environmental problems and their solutions.
Root Solutions is seeking volunteers to join a team of visionaries, creators, and disruptors who want to re-shape the future of the environmental movement in North America and beyond. We are looking for a communications assistant for the fall of 2017. Although this is a volunteer position, you will be an active member of our team, and are vital to the success of programs that will transform the environmental movement and the planet.
We seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As our Communications Assistant you will have ownership over important initiatives that will help us grow. The Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting social media efforts, including developing content for Facebook, Twitter and blogs. This will require research into the growing application of behavioral science to the environment.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and walks out with new friends! Someone who is thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. Interested applicants should have communications, research and writing skills. Basic knowledge of environmental issues is needed. Interest and experience in environmental psychology or behavioral economics is preferred.
Location & Logistics
Position is based out of Root Solutions’ Emeryville office. Working remotely for a part of the duration is a possibility that can be discussed.
You will be working under the Executive Director, Nya Van Leuvan.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- How to schedule social media and track social media analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
- How to create compelling content
- Techniques to create viral loops between our Facebook, twitter, and blog accounts
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring traditional and non-traditional media outlets for coverage and opportunities
- Circulating bi-monthly media clips
- Writing content for social media (blogs, tweets, Facebook posts) and other communication as needed
- Researching behavioral insights
- Creating visual based content for social media
What We Require:
- Background in marketing, communication, or other related discipline
- Strong writing skills
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of media including Twitter, Facebook and blogging
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker
- Love for using social networking sites, and excitement to learn new skills
This is a non-paid internship position.
Position is part time.
Ideal start date is during the week of September 11th.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter, resume and any additional materials to email@example.com.